August 31, 2010

Day 305-Practice Failing

Unfortunate news. Didn't make the cut for the choral group. So frustrating. And disappointing. And have I mentioned that I'm not a fan of rejection???

But when you don't get what you want, what do you get? EXPERIENCE.


Yes, it's a good phrase, but it doesn't take away disappointment, at least not for the time being. I know I'm a pretty good singer though in truth, choral stuff is just not my style...I'd rather be part of something like Glee (who wouldn't?) or a band so I guess it's a win-win? I am trying SO hard not to get down on this, mostly because I have to get back on the horse in two weeks if not sooner for another show call. Won't have to sight-sing but will have to hit an E flat...

Nevertheless, I have to resort to my own words from Day 312 If At First You Don't Succeed: keep moving forward, learning...yadayadayada.

See what a pain it is to have a blog sometimes? You can't even let yourself off the hook because your own words are staring you in the face. Here's to more practice at failing!

I'm Off the Market & In the Moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment