November 16, 2010

Day 228-Seven Short Hours Left in the Year

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'm just not feeling celebratory. Maybe it's the weather-it's been miserably gray and rainy out. Maybe it's the fact that I'm too tired, have to work or am pms-ing. Maybe it's the fact that I've been cutting down on those feel good carbs and am missing their comfort. Or that my family and some of my friends are hundreds of miles away. Oh, let's face it-all of the above.

But in seven short hours, another birthday will be here, and with it, I'm forced to recognize that another year has gone by. In some ways, I'm farther along than I thought I'd be; in others, I haven't accomplished half of what I meant to. I'm grateful for all the good that has come my way, this past month especially, but I'm really struggling with being fabulous this moment.

No idea what my problem is, but as a pre-birthday gift, I think I'll forgive myself the self-psycho analysis tonight, grab dinner, go home and crawl into bed. Thank goodness the real thing isn't until tomorrow-after getting the bittersweet blahs out of the way tonight, I'll be ready to embrace the spirit of celebration for my 26th year when the sun rises (and after I've had my free birthday chai latte courtesy of Starbucks!).

I'm Off the Market & In the Moment

No comments:

Post a Comment