May 20, 2011

Day 41-Off the Market Crisis

So this week has been interesting....lots of reflection, confusion...and more than a few tears of frustration. Let's just call it a mid-twenties crisis. What to do with my life? Where to live? I hit all of the biggies with very few answers.

Needless to say, I've been stressed and not at all in the moment. So much for the last month of the blog mission! Fortunately, a wise friend caught the signs and sat me down for a chat, all the while instructing me to think about what I'd want out of life if there were no limits (rent, fear, hours of the day...RENT). So that's what I did. I took the time to figure out my hopes for this very short life and wrote them down, in no particular order.

-to travel

-to act, dance, and sing to my little heart's content

-to LOVE

-to learn French

-to own my apartment (remember the sky's the limit, even in Manhattan!)

-to volunteer

-to have a family/children

-to have a beach retreat of my own

-to learn how to cook (I can dream, can't I?)


Some things are obviously more superficial than others, but these are my top wants which I have now sent out into the universe. I guess you can think of this as a vision board of sorts-though I assume it will grow and change as I continue to do so. And of course, I expect additions.

Just looking back to Day 357-Making a List where I numerated goals for my year of OTMITM. Fortunately, I've crossed off being in a show since though I've yet to make it to my ballroom class or again, fix anything other than a PBJ and popcorn for dinner.

While I don't know what my next steps are any more so than I did on Monday, I'm a little more at ease getting this all in writing. And realizing that while these are all life-changing decisions, they are positive ones and not at all crisis-worthy as I make them in my head. Hopefully, now I can just release my hopes enough to get back to what's in front of me. And be patient for the answers to come.

I'm Off the Market & In the Moment

No comments:

Post a Comment